Saturday, January 26, 2013

Fueling Fears

This morning I was reading in Exodus Chapter 4. In verses 18-25, God is giving Moses commandments to show him that fear has no place in his life. He tells Moses to throw his staff down, Moses obeys, and it turns into a snake. Uhh, I am afraid of snakes, I'm sure Moses was also. God then instructed Moses to pick up this snake by the tail. Moses obeyed and it turned back into his staff. He went on to perform more miracles that brought up fear, but Moses continued to trust Christ. Because Moses was obedient to God's commands, these bizarre acts made Moses trust Him.

So many of the fears we have in our lives are focused around the "what if's", right? As soon as I thought about this, I started examining my fears... Yep- all a "what if", all these things that may or may not even happen: fear. All of this fear- what is it? Fear is having faith but placing that faith in the wrong things, all of those uncertainties. There is no reason to brew fear (and anxiety in my case) with thoughts of things that may not even happen! Just as God gave Moses the strength to overcome his fears, He most certainly will bless us with the strength to let go of the what if's and be at peace.

So, my food for thought today has been, "what are some of the what if's that fuel my fear?" Think about it, and think about how you can ease that fear through trust in God.

Xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment