Monday, November 14, 2011

endings

Last Wednesday I left for Wilmington, North Carolina with two wonderful women who have played a significant impact on my life in the past 5 years to visit the little town that has touched so many hearts becasuse of a television show that became cemented to our hearts. One Tree Hill, to those who don't watch is more than likely seen as just another teenage drama to take up an hour a week of girl's lives. To me, One Tree Hill has played more of an impact than ever in my life.

The "little show that could" will air for its ninth and final season in January. Filming for the finale episode of the show ends tomorrow and I was able to expierence the last few days of filming in Wilmington with the two who started it all for me. Marissa is a friend nothing can replace. I think of our up's and down's and am taken through a nauseaus roller coaster ride. When you get off the roller coaster, you feel better than ever. You are reminded that there is still solid ground to walk hand and hand on. I am blessed to have Marissa in my life. I am blessed to know her and am comforted knowing she will always hold a special place in my heart.

One Tree Hill has connected me to characters, relationships and moment that may have otherwise swallowed me. I think of the rebel off the wall character of Peyton Sawyer and her earth moving relationship with Lucas Scott. Peyton's love for Lucas was eternal, yet she was strong enough to let him go to make him happy, even as she sat and suffered. "If what you want is for me to let go, then I'm going to do it... Be happy, Luke; I want that with all of my heart." Peyton's courage to let go in season 5 was earthshaking for me to let go of a relationship that held me captive.

While this is the end of One Tree Hill, I'm reminded to hold relationships and moment close and dear to my heart and to live every second of every day with as much happiness and joy as the one before. "Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swaps of the not quite, the not yet, and the not at all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists. It is real. It is possible. It is yours."

No comments:

Post a Comment