Thursday, November 17, 2011

Beautiful.

One thing that's at the top of my wish list is that female perfection wasn't so defined by society and media. I think about myself and the self esteem issues I have and then also half of my friends. So many women think that they are not attractive simply because they ate not getting attention from a guy. Excuse me, but when and why did that become the standard for attractiveness? I have been single a good majority of my young adult and adult life and have blamed caused for that to my "Unattractiveness". Now, within the last year this has changed drastically and in thinking of why it is really because I have gotten more attention from men, I have felt attractive and that I was wanted as a female. I hate that! Why do women have to define their beauty based on the amount of attention they are getting from guys?
I have several friends who are going though this now and are beating theirselves up because of the lack of male attention they have is eating up their self esteem. I look at these girls and just think, why?! They are both gorgeous and I just wish there was more I could do as a friend other than getting a guy to hit on them to make them feel better.
I guess my only hope for this discussing societal bar to be raised is that women and girls will see how beautiful they are, with or without male attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment