Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Unconditional Love

I've been thinking of my mom all day today... She had to put her beloved pup Owen down today. She is crushed and all I wish is to be there for her. This also got me to thinking about how the relationship her and I have had done a compete 180 degree turn in the past year. I think of how terribly I treated her when I was in high school and wish daily that I could take that back. When my mom got really sick it killed me inside, I had never felt so worried and displaced but then I didn't feel worthy of it, I felt like I had failed her as a daughter. It's only been recently I have realized those thoughts are completely absurd. A mother's job is to love their children eternally and unconditionally. She loved me through my teenage attitude years, no matter what.

To see my mom suffer is almost unbearable. I want the best for her because she has gone above and beyond unconditional love for me. I want to hurt with her, cry with her, and I want her to know I understand. I am learning to unconditionally love my mother as she has always done for me. She is so self-less and would do anything in her realm of possibilities to help someone in need. I want her to be happy. I want her to know how much she is deeply appreciated. I need my mom to see how know the joy, patience, compassion, forgiveness, and love of life within me would be non existent had she not led by example.

My mom has taught me what it means to be brave. She shows me it's possible to love after heartbreak, being independent is sometime what you need, she has taught me to always go after what I love and my desires. She has done a good job at trying to put on a brave face for me, but explaining how to deal with both the positive Bs negative outcomes of life's battles.

She has taught me to be picky with boys I date. Always be patient for the right one because I "deserve beyond the best" and to let someone in, which has helped me in many of aspects

My mother has touched my life. I am a better and stronger woman because f her and the person she molded me into.

I love you mom, always. forever. Xi.

No comments:

Post a Comment