Monday, November 14, 2011

Adjust the volume.

I love music. Actually, I loath music. There are times listening to music is like escaping into an abyss of emotion, good and bad. When I am in a bad mood, I listen to songs appropriate to those feelings. Let's take loneliness for example. How many freaking songs about loneliness are out there...? Tons. So many people talk about how music is so inspiring and they connect with it and whatever other sappy monologue they can come up with. Yes, that's great- connect with the music, "be the music" but where are all the artists who wrote about taking the bad feelings and projecting them into good, to overcoming the sadness. So many songs are a constant reminder of heartbreak and loss of love. I need the music that's going to tell me to be optimistic about life; and love in particular.
In today's society, people are controlled by media and they live their every day lives in function with what's trending. I look at the Facebook statuses that my friends post- half of tr time they are song lyrics and you can immediately tune into their feelings. I want the music to be adjusted to happiness. I am guilty of this without a doubt, but I want to live on a different radio frequency. •

No comments:

Post a Comment